This article describes the simple language I use to describe product development: opportunity, output, outcome, and impact. But more importantly it describes the tensions and unexpected implications in the model:
- Customer problems aren’t business problems
- We can’t directly solve business problems
- On time delivery doesn’t lead to customer or business success
- Focusing on business success alone is harmful
- Focusing customer success alone is harmful
- Aligning your purpose with your organization’s purpose is really what motivates us.