Passionate Product Owner
Using Product Design and Agile Thinking to Create Great Products
Passionate Product Ownership is a Certified Scrum Product Ownership course that blends solid product management, user experience design, and design thinking into a collaborative team-based approach to Scrum product ownership. Learn More About Certification
That’s a mouthful of jargon, but what’s important to know is that this isn’t just a course about filling the product ownership role in Scrum. It’s a course that teaches the practices you and your team need to create successful products.
Jeff Patton’s Approach to Successful Product Ownership
Product ownership is one of the most critical and most difficult roles in an agile process. Too often organizations adopting agile approaches and Scrum are lead to believe a single person in a product owner role is responsible for making all the decisions about the product- down to the last detail. The result is stressed, overworked product owner that’s become a bottleneck for everyone else in the organization. Others with critical input and valuable skills are often shut out of the process. In the end the product being built gets worse, and people in the company are less happy than ever before. But that’s not the way agile development is supposed to work. This class is about an approach to agile product ownership that does.
In this course we’ll teach a team-based approach to product ownership where a product owner leads a small discovery team that includes the roles and skills necessary to create a great product.
What You Get
- Training from Jeff Patton, a recognized industry expert
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Product Owner®
- A light breakfast, a full lunch, morning and afternoon snacks, and continuously replenished drinks
- Electronic access to training materials and pages of supporting handouts giving full description and advanced discussion on concepts and practices taught
- Quick reference guides that distill practices to a single 2-sided page of simple instruction
- A copy of Jeff’s book, User Story Mapping
- Printed and bound workshop handout – over 100 pages
- A two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $100 value
This course earns you 16 SEUs (Category B) within the Scrum Alliance. This course also earns you 15 PDUs within the PMI. SEUs and PDUs can be used toward CSP, PMP, PMI-ACP and other certifications.
Who Should Attend?
- Product managers, business stakeholders, and product marketing professionals: to understand the practices that lead to valuable products
- User experience practitioners, and business analysts: to understand the practices that lead to usable and desirable products
- Senior engineers: to understand the practices that lead to feasible products
- Project managers, Scrum Masters, and agile coaches: to understand how to guide successful product discovery and delivery
What Will You Learn?
The simple Scrum Framework is an effective product delivery approach, but the hardest part of software development is figuring out exactly what to deliver.
In this course you’ll learn:
- The goals and activities of product discovery.
- To use a dual-track approach to development where a discovery track is used to guide rapid learning, and a delivery track is used to guide rapid delivery of validated product solutions.
- How to use effective product design concepts and practices to engage in effective collaborative product discovery work.
- Practices that blend the best of agile, lean, and user experience thinking. These practices allow small teams to engage in faster, more collaborative product design and validation.
- Lean Startup and Validated Learning
- Design Thinking
- Workshop facilitation and card modeling
- Lightweight persona sketching
- User story mapping
- Collaborative design sketching
- Paper prototyping and testing
- Techniques for finding a minimal viable product
- MVP in a large product release
Expect to get your hands dirty. You won’t spend time dozing to PowerPoint slides. You’ll be up and moving and getting hands-on experience working in a small collaborative group.
There are more details you might want to check out. Go here: Details
What Students Are Saying
Certified (Smart) Scrum Product Owner, co-taught w/ Jeff Gothelf
New York City | 15-16 November 2018
Regular Price: $2295 | Early Bird: $1995Register
Refund Policy - U.S. public courses only - Up to 30 days before the event